The #1 goal of the Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce is to help promote, grow and sustain the businesses of our membership. One way this is accomplished is through a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. This can be a stand-alone event, or part of a Grand Opening or Open House event. We bring the camera, scissors and the ribbon! CHECK OUT THE CALENDAR FOR UPCOMING RIBBON CUTTING EVENTS!
Don't know if this is the right move for your business or have questions?
AT WHAT POINT SHOULD I HOLD A RIBBON CUTTING?
- Are you within your first year of opening?
- Are you within a year of purchasing an existing business or organization?
- Has your business recently moved or undergone a remodel?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, a ribbon cutting is the answer for you!
WHY SHOULD I HOLD A RIBBON CUTTING?
- This event is a great opportunity to spread the word about the products or services your offer. The face time with local business leaders, fellow small business owners and local officials is a valuable networking tool.
- It is also a great opportunity to thank those who have helped you during the process of opening, such as employees, vendors or contractors.
WHAT DOES THE CHAMBER DO BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE EVENT?
- The Chamber will also send out a mass email to the membership, local officials, board members and Chamber ambassadors.
- We provide the GIANT scissors, camera and ribbon.
- We will take care of the ribbon cutting pictures, and will later post the photos to our website and Facebook.
WHAT DO YOU DO?
- Working with the Chamber Membership Director, you will coordinate the date and time of the Ribbon Cutting. It's best to try and get this on the Chamber calendar 4-6 weeks in advance to avoid scheduling conflicts. The best days for ribbon cutting events, and to expect the biggest crowd, is Tuesday through Thursday, although Monday and Friday dates will be permissable.
- Get the word out about your event through your own marketing channels such as flyers, mail or social media.
Don't see your event in the slideshow? Click here to view our Ribbon Cutting Archive from previous years.